The main protagonist of this abstract collection is THE COLOR.
Exploring and experimenting possibilities in a spontaneous and fresh way is the basis of the creative process.
ABSTRACT . INTENTIONALLY WITH NO INTENTION
Every canvas is A FREE SPACE, which allow me to explore.
Exploring it is a free process itself, guided by the connection that goes from the HEART (feel) and through the EYE (watch) goes to the HAND (move), a complex and unique interaction resulting in A UNIQUE CREATION.
1. THE CHOICE OF THE COLOR.
With time I have built a PALETTE OF FAVORITE COLORS, which is constantly growing.
Among my favorites colors I choose two or three to start a new canvas. A mood or an emotion can lead the choice or sometimes I just like to explore and experiment new combinations, watching colors interacting and chasing one another like a sort of dance on the canvas.
Colors and composition inspires me in a step by step decision making until I feel as the painting is finished.
2. DIVIDING THE SPACE.
Dividing the space of the canvas facilitate my creating process, making me feel more free and allowed me to play with DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND tools, putting in the painting more of myself, mixing different TECHNQUES .
3. DO NOT FORGET THE CANVAS.
When I paint I feel the smoothness of the brush strokes or the movement of the spatula, watching how they interact with the canvas.
The canvas has its own place in the painting. The texture is always present and visible, with its own beauty, but sometimes I feel it deserve to be seen even more and create liquid thinner layers of paint.
Here it is my choice of MEDIUMS :
I am using acrylics and oil pastels on canvas, sometimes paper.
- Why Acrylics? Acrylics offer a variety of possibilities in consistency of the painting itself. They can be dense or liquid, opaque or transparent, heavy or light. Also they can be easily used in layers in a way which some times remind me of watercolors.
- Oil Pastels. I like to add some details with oils pastel. I find them giving more light and life to the painting.
- Paper is still a material I love and like adding some once in a while to add texture and sometimes meaning to paint.
I am always fascinated by the beauty of the interactions of materials, colors and TOOLS .
- I like using a windscreen wiper to spread a ore or less liquid first layer of color.
- Then I use different kind of spatulas, from metal and specific designed for painting to plastc cards.
- Eventually different kind of brushes.
I am often bouncing back and forward from abstract to figurative, playing and studying, since day one, when I started with watercolors.
Sometimes I mix it all up, adding one element at a time into a unique composition with no schemes applied.
Abstract is a place of freedom, no constriction, not rules, but the sense of composition, which allow me to
-> EXPLORE. BE FREE. GET INSPIRED